The whiny story of slogging through writing my first novel.

Monday, March 23, 2009

AMAZING

That's what it is, amazing. Friday I sat down the a printout of the book and completely re-wrote chapter one. It's still not great, but it's definitely better than it was. I know Kate wants me to wait till I'm finished with the first draft, but I've been stuck for so long that I felt I needed a pretty serious boost. Because the first draft as it is sucks SO much, it's been bugging me and bugging me, so now I've fixed some of the problems of the first I feel kinda "lighter" and more into it. I might actually get some free time today, so I'm going to work on chapter twelve.

One of the things that improved the re-write was going back and doing a history and map of the town. Pretty cool.

No comments: