The whiny story of slogging through writing my first novel.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Close To Chapter 12

I thought today I would give Kelsey some of the bad mood I'm feeling. ;-) Yesterday I did get some work done on chapter twelve. It's actually mostly done, it just needs to have isolated sentences connected, and the last page or so finished typing. I make another small time jump in this chapter, which doesn't happen all that often in the book.

People have been asking me how close to finished this book is, and I have to tell them I don't know. Every week or so I chance my mind on how to get to the end, which I can SEE, but not a clear path TO it. If I didn't know it would make the book way too short, I'd say it could be finished in three more chapters, maybe four.

2 comments:

C. Margery Kempe said...

It need only be as long as the story takes -- don't feel you have to shoe-horn it into a particular format. That said, it's important to have the patience to let the story fully develop. It's tempting to have something done, but you want to do the story justice, too.

Keep at it -- I'm still eager to see what's next when it's ready.

Happy Birthday!

C. Margery Kempe said...

Hey, it's been more than a month. Just a post to say you haven't entirely stopped would be good...