The whiny story of slogging through writing my first novel.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Whattaya Know?

My brain has come back. *g* Been pretty out of it the last few days, and grumpy as hell, too. But today I remembered EVERYTHING I wanted to bring to work. Memory is an iffy thing with me, at best.

I have a good feeling about getting chapter 12 done by Friday.

Oh, and it's been an entire week without a drink. Not that I don't think of it EVERY DAY, but I don't get all freaky and have to try and not think about the whiskey bottle in the kitchen. That's nice. That bottle is LOUD.

4 comments:

C. Margery Kempe said...

Yay -- I can't wait to read it. I've been missing Parker and Kelsey.

I haven't been doing as well as you -- what with the party this weekend and the pub yesterday I have been filling up on empty liquor calories (which always lead to no writing getting done). Will do better. You offer a shining example.

Chuckie58 said...

*snort* Shining. Yeah. *eg*

More important to me (I know, bad! Bad!) is that I don't sleep well when I drink.

C. Margery Kempe said...

You're all shiny, m'dear. I know, I know -- last night was chock full of weird bad dreams. I ought to know better. I've been doing the walking thing every morning though -- first thing, before I think about it. Get a habit set and keep with it, that's the thing. I'm trying. I know I un-do all the good of that with a few beers (and gin on top of that, bleh). Garbage in, garbage out.

Chuckie58 said...

I had a good reason to want to stop. I'm not sure you feel like you have a good enough reason yet. And it's just no good to try until you have The Reason that will do the trick.